If you produce big size or sophisticated shaped products, the regular spray solution will not work properly. Instead, we need to apply electrophoresis for high quality coating solution. It’s widely used in automobile and other industry areas.
What’s Electrophoresis Coating?
It’s a kind of High tech coating solution similar to plating. Products are dipping into charged coating tanks and get coated with extremely high regularity. In actual production, it includes anodic and cathodic electrophoresis solutions for different purpose. Technically speaking, cathodic option provides better quality and more environment friendly while it costs more. It can be also used together with traditional spray coating line to get some special effects.
Electrophoresis coating provides good regularity, smooth coating layer with good hardness and stickness. From actual practice, it’s works well in corrosion prevention, attacking etc comparing to other coating solutions. Electrophoresis technology is featured with following pros & cons:
- Working with water based coating thus reduced the use of organic solvent. The final result is less polution to environment and better security is expected. At the meanwhile, potential fire disaster is avoided.
- High efficient use of coating with up to 90~95%
- Regularity of coating thickness and high sticky. each area on products can be coated with same quanlity.
- High efficiency with automatic operation.
- Equipment is complex with high cost investment. Electricity consumption is relatively high and high requirements for management. There’s also requirement for waste water treatment.
- Only water based coatings can be used and only one color can be applied during operation.
- Electrophoresis equipment comes with high tech installation and only best for fixed color production.
Cathodic electrophoresis coating workflow:
Loading -> degreasing -> rinsing -> descaling -> rinsing -> neutralization -> rinsing -> activation -> base plating -> rinsing -> varnish plating -> rinsing -> electrophoresis coating -> rinsing -> clean water rinsing -> curing -> unloading
Anodic electrophoresis coating workflow:
Loading -> degreasing -> warm rinsing -> descaling -> rinsing -> phosphating -> warm rinsing -> passivating -> anodic electrophoresis -> clean water rinsing -> curing
Components and requirements
Electrophoresis coating line are mainly composed by two parts: Electrophoresis tanks and Electricity.
Tanks are core system of electrophoresis line. Products dips into multiple tanks for different treatment. The popular tanks come with horizontal and vertical types. In order to operate the line properly, we need to understand products properties and the configuration of following:
- Chemical materials: the percentage of powder, MEQ and organic solvent
- Chemecal properties: PH value, electrical conductivity
- Electrophoresis requirement: temperature, voltage and time
- Electrophoresis control: Coulombic efficiency, maximum current values, the film thickness and the electrophoretic force
Application of our electrophoresis line
Our electrophoresis line can be applied for small to large size products coating. This includes: bycycle frames, automobile parts, howsewares, mobile phone cases and various gift and art work products. The line can be fully customized based your product properties and workflow requirements.